Partial list of Students I've Supervised in Research Projects.
- Daya Rawson, Honours 1994. Went on to do a PhD at Mt Stromlo, but
tragically died of cancer in 1998.
- Eileen O'Hely, Honours 1995. Went on to do PhD at UNSW, and now works for IBM.
- Matt O'Dowd, Honours 1995. Went on to do a PhD at Melborne, post-doc at Space Telescope
Science Institute, and is now a research fellow at Melbourne Uni.
Frank Masci: PhD 1997 (Co-supervised with Rachel Webster). Now a post-doc at NASA IPAC.
- Alex Ridgewell, Honours 1998.
- Catherine Drake, Honours 1999 "The Optical Colours of Quasars". Did a PhD at ANU, now
doing a post-doc overseas.
- Greg Wilson, 3 month (1st year PhD) project 1999.
- Matthew Whiting, PhD 2000,
"What made the Quasar Blush" (Co-supervised with Rachel Webster). Now a post-doc at UNSW.
- Elizabeth Wylie, vacation scholar 2001/2. "Presence of Neutral Hydrogen in High
Redshift Galaxy Clusters"
- Leela Frankcombe and Emma Kirby, Undergraudate research project 2002
- Katie Dodds-Eden, Undergraduate Research Project 2002.
- Berian James, Undergraduate Research Project 2002.
- Kirsten Gottschalk, Paul Bonato and Jemma Polari, PhB/DSP project 2003,
"Simulating an Outreach Telescope"
- Conor Mow-Lowry, Undergraduate research project 2003.
- Craig Harvey, 2003, Undergraduate research project "Spectral Imaging of Mars"
- Tokamak Bell, Adam Mullavey and Toby Potter, Undergraduate research project 2003
"Investigating the Variability of Quasars"
- Chris Weekes, Honours 2004 "Analysis of Comet Hunting Strategies using the
- Leith Godfrey, 3 month (1st year PhD) project 2004, "A Damped Lyman-Alpha System in a Void at
- Karen Lewis, vacation scholar 2004/5. "Beyond the Jupiter Barrier"
- Russell Jurek, Honours 2004/5 (based at UQ, jointly supervised with Michael Drinkwater)
- Sunsanee McDonnell, doing honours in 2005.
- Eriita Jones, PhB project 2005, "Interstellar Comets"
- Kirsten Gottschalk, PhB project 2005, "Sounds of the Universe"
- Robert Power, Grad Dip. 2005-7, "Databases for Skymapper"
- Grant Kennedy, 3 Month (PhD) project: "Beyond the Jupiter Barrier part II"
- Kirsten Gottschalk, PhB project, "Statistics"
- Nicolas Bonne, 3 month (PhD) project: "Comets from the outer disk"
- Michiharu Hyogo, 3 month (PhD) project: "Imaging Extrasolar Comets"
- Michiharu Hyogo, 2008-2010, MPhil project: "Measuring the Size Distribution of Long Period Comets"
- Michele Bannister, PhD 2014, TNOs with SkyMapper. Now a post-doc in Canada.
- Ruth Mills, PhD on Lab Demonstrators in Physics (ongoing).
Last Modified: 4th June 2016
Back to my home page