Description: On May 14, 2004, the Farnham telescope was removed from its dome on the old administration building and stored for refurbishment. The telescope was built in 1886 by Grubb, and was purchased by the Commonwealth from the estate of Lord Farnham for use in the Commonwealth Solar Observatory. It is a real survivor, having escaped destruction in both the 1952 and 2003 bushfires. The 2003 fire left it in need of a thorough reconditioning. When this is completed the Farnham will be used in the public outreach programs of the observatory.
NOTE: All images are copyright and must not be reproduced or mirrored in any form without written permission.